Ms. Dunn-Kane practices Tax, Corporate and Real Estate Law. She works works closely with her clients in the catering, financial, manufacturing, legal, service, defense and healthcare industries to craft customized solutions to fit their needs. She had assisted clients in business formation, acquisition, redemptions, sales, bulk sales compliance and real estate development.
In the area of Real Estate Law, Ms. Dunn-Kane has extensive experience in residential and commercial sales and commercial leases.
Notable transactions include:
- representation of the Seller in a $40 million stock sale of a closely held pharmaceutical manufacturer to a publicly traded corporation;
- buyer representation in the asset acquisition of a communications marketing business;
- the reorganization of a closely held group of limited liability;
- representing sellers of closely held business in stock and asset sales to private equity funds;
- the sale of a fifty percent (50%) interest in a prominent medical practice;
- purchase of a 52 acre commercial parcel in Sussex County;
- representation of landlords and tenants in commercial lease negotiations;
- 1031 Exchanges; and
- reorganization of property holdings for the purposes of providing liability protection.
She received both her J.D. and her LL.M. in Taxation from the Temple University James E. Beasley School of Law.
Prior to law school, Ms. Dunn-Kane worked extensively in the fields of politics and public policy, both in Philadelphia, P.A. and Washington, D.C.
- LL.M. in Taxation, Temple University James E. Beasley School of Law, 2012
- J.D., Temple University James E. Beasley School of Law, 2009
- M.A., American University, 2000
- B.A., American University, 1998
JURISDICTIONS ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
- New York, 2018
- New Jersey, 2010
- Pennsylvania, 2009
APPOINTMENTS, AWARDS & HONORS
- Member, Pi Sigma Alpha, National Political Science Honor Society, (inducted 1998)
- Executive Editor, Temple International and Comparative Law Journal, 2008-2009
- Teaching Assistant, Transactional Law Program, Temple University James E. Beasley School of Law, 2008-2009
- First Place and Best Written Submission, ABA Law Student Tax Challenge, J.D. Division, 2009
- Second Place, ABA Law Student Tax Challenge, LL.M. Division, 2011
- Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2016-2019.
- Super Lawyers is published by Thomson Reuters. Click here for methodology. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
PROFESSIONAL & BAR ASSOCIATION MEMBERSHIPS
- NJ State Bar Association Member Since: 2012
- President, Le Tip of Parsippany, 2017-Present (Member since 2012)
- Military Spouse J.D. Network, Member Since: 2015